The new version, Summon™ 2.0, provides a new modern interface with enhanced features. It is so much more than a single search box…. it serves as a front door to our collections.
It's designed with mobile in mind! Summon™ 2.0 is responsive to different devices, creating a seamless experience whether you are using your desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Summary of changes:
- Streamlined, modern interface
- Summon Topic Explorer - 50,000 topics to guide users in the right direction
- Scholar Profiles – 3.1 million profiles for key authors and researchers; promotes exploration and collaboration
- Automated Query Expansion – Includes additional keywords and spelling variations. For example: a search for "heart attack" would include results for "myocardial infarction"
- Search Suggestions – encourage exploration of related concepts
- Content spotlighting – visually distinguishes images, newspapers articles and reference content with dynamic display
- Best Bets recommendations – instructs and guide users to the right resources and information
- Database recommender – recommendations to lead users to subject specific databases
The url is the same so go the library website (http://library.gmit.ie/) and try it today or go to: http://gmit.summon.serialssolutions.com/
The familiar "MultiSearch" features will still be there - search refinement, abstract preview, saved items folder and links to full text.